Facebook Messenger has just launched a screen-sharing feature. The feature is available for one-on-one video calls & in group calls with up to 8 people or 16 people.
You can also screen share in Messenger Rooms while on web and desktop.
Facebook says it’s working on expanding the screen sharing feature for up to 50 people in Rooms.
You can even join a Messenger Room if you don’t have a Facebook account.
In a blog post, the company said, “Screen sharing lets you share a live view of your screen so you can share virtually anything together. Whether you want to share memories from your camera roll, shop together online, co-browse social media, and more — screen sharing makes it easy to stay connected and close with your loved ones, even when you’re physically apart. “
How to use Facebook Messenger screen sharing on your phone
To share your screen, first make sure you have the latest version of Messenger installed.
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Start a video call by selecting one or more contacts & tapping the camera icon.\
- While on the call, swipe up on the toolbar at the bottom (where you find the icons for hanging up or turning your mic off).
- From the expanded menu, tap Share your screen.
The update is currently available on both Android and iOS. Also, WhatsApp for Android beta now comes with a shortcut to Facebook Messenger Rooms.
In the latest news:
- Bing launches URL inspection tool with new webmasters.
- Google will pay publishers for quality news content
- Instagram Testing Shopping Feature, Replaces Activity Tab With Shop Tab
- Google’s rich results test tool now supports ‘Article Structured Data Markup’